Ramsbottom United continued their pre-season campaign with a home game against Hyde United.

The Rams had the first chance of the game on five minutes through the Trialist wearing number 7, his fantastic free-kick from the edge of the area went slightly over the bar.

Eight minutes later, Hyde United broke into the Rammy penalty but a great interception from Trialist No 2 denied a chance from the visitors.

On 21 minutes, Hyde’s skipper Tom Pratt got into a dangerous position on the edge of the Rams box but fired well over the bar.

The Tigers had another chance four minutes later a looping header from their number 6 came off the top of the cross bar.

It was a busy first half for Pratt as he tried his luck again from the edge of the area but again it was over the bar.

Hyde had the first corner just before the half hour mark, John McCombe’s header went just wide of the post.

While for the Rams, Jamie Rother had a chance on 35 minutes after he took a shot from distance but it flew well wide of the post and didn’t trouble the Hyde keeper.

The Rams did take the lead in the later stages of the first half, after a great run from Trialist No 11 and his strike was helped into the net with a deflection of a Hyde defender.

Two minutes later, Rammy’s newest signing Sefton Gonzales turned and shot from the edge of the area but his effort went over the bar.

And that was the last action of a very open first half with Ramsbottom’s goal the difference.

The Rams made two changes at half time; new signing Max Leonard came on for Jamie Rother as well as a keeper swap for the Rams.

Within the first five minutes of the first half the Rams went close again, great work by Trialist No 11 again down the left-hand side and his cross found Leonard who sees his strike deflect onto the crossbar.

Rammy started the second half on top, shortly after the Trialist’s chance, Baker turned well but his shot was over the bar.

The Rams got a free kick on 55 minutes after trialist No 11 was fouled, the free kick was taken by Leonard, the keeper tipped it round the post.

That was the last action for the Trialist No 11 after he was replaced by Trialist No 15.

Rammy doubled their lead just before the hour mark with the substitute No 15, he headed home for the hosts second of the evening.

Hyde replied instantly with a goal from substitute, Liam Tongue he received the ball from captain Pratt and rolled the ball into the bottom right corner.

Eight minutes later, Tom Pratt went clean through on goal for Hyde but an excellent last ditch tackle from Rammy’s trialist wearing 17 denied him.

The visitors drew level with 18 minutes remaining, Tom Pratt was the scorer after poking home from a low cross.

Leonard came close for the Rams shortly after, but his shot was just over from the edge of the area.

Within minutes the Rams came close again, after trialist No 18 tried to find the bottom corner but the goalkeeper denied him.

Leonard came close again for the Rams in the final 10 minutes but this time he fired well wide from range.

The visitors nearly won it in the final couple of minutes, Pratt fired low inside the box and the trialist goalkeeper got down well.

Another great performance from the Rams, they now make the trip to Longridge Town on Saturday again, unfortunately, the game will be played behind closed doors due to the current FA & Government guidelines.

Leave a comment