The Northern Premier League have released the following update on the COVID-19 outbreak.
The NPL together will all other Alliance leagues and representatives of Step 5-6 leagues met with the FA executive on Wednesday March 11.
At this point there are no plans to cancel, postpone or to play games behind closed doors.
Although the situation remains fluid and government guidance could change at any point, all games at Steps 1-4 will go ahead as planned unless external forces dictate otherwise.
The NPL will continue to liaise with the governing body to provide necessary leadership.
In the meantime, the NPL would reiterate the guidance issued through the Chief Medical Officer.
For those hosting events:
• Public Health England guidance should be read and followed
• For those travelling to sporting events overseas or returning from overseas to sports events, the Foreign Office’s travel advice should be read and followed
• Promote best practice for hygiene, ensuring cleaning is effective and soaps are provided (and sanitiser where possible)
• Anyone with flu symptoms should avoid the risk of spreading their infection, whatever that infection may be, by staying at home and recovering
• Clubs are advised that if any spectator presents to a club member of staff with possible flu-like symptoms they should be encouraged to leave, return home and call NHS 111 for further advice
• For those hosting sporting events, whatever their size, attendees and participants should stay up to date on the government’s latest advice on how to avoid catching or spreading the virus.